Saturday, August 6, 2011

Family Values

Today is the day my attention is fully turned to firming up and editing the sermon for tomorrow.  I find my mind filled with times in my own life when I am about to say to the congregation has been applicable to me.  I think most preachers find God speaks to them through the text before they are able to proclaim it to others. 

This week's text is from Genesis - Joseph being sold into slavery by his brothers.  It's amazing how poorly we can treat one another - especially those in our own families.  And it is amazing how poorly we can be treated by them.  The ones who should love us the most are the ones who know best how to make us miserable.

Soooo, it's a wonderful thing that God is so much kinder and loving, forgiving and faithful.

Getting to share good news like that reminds me that I have the best job in the world - a calling from the holy One to share the good news of life in Christ.

Lord, make me a faithful proclaimer.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment