Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Morning

Hurray!  Sunday!  The sermon is done: posted, practised, printed.  I pray that it will speak to the congregation in all the ways it has already spoken to me.

In the busyness of the day, I hope I remember that this is the Lord's day: a day to step back and reflect on the love of God and the joy of God's creation. 

Sometimes there are so many things scheduled (worship, visiting, meetings) that I find I am exhausted rather than refreshed at the end of the day.  And often I am guilty of doing the scheduling that makes it so.

I was out walking the dogs this morning just before 5 am.  As we began the walk the sky was clear and full of stars.  Before we were back at home it was overcast and there were no stars in sight.  The change had been quiet, unnoticed.  Much like how we can find the cares of the world overshadow us and we lose sight of God.

Lord, give me clearer vision to see the stars in your face and enjoy the beauty of your presence. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment